Purple Spider Web Design Custom SilverStripe Tweaks
This module contains many of the custom tweaks that I make to every SilverStripe site I do. A lot is just hiding features that most of my clients don't use to clean up the CMS interface.
While it is possible to disable specific tweaks by removing the individual extension, you probably don't want to use this module as is. Partly because it automatically sets the SilverStripe Help link to my custom help site. However, please do take a look around and steal anything you may find useful!
- Silverstripe 4.1+
- For SilverStripe 3 related tweaks, see the 1.0 branch.
- AllowFileUploads: Enabled file uploads for all CMS users. (sets canCreate etc to true)
- PageHideDependent: Hides the "Dependent" page CMS tab.
- PageHideExtraMetaData: Hides MetaKeywords and ExtraMeta fields.
- PageSettingsHidePermissions: Hides Page permission fields such as CanViewType and CanEditType.
- PageSettingsHideSearch: Hides the ShowInSearch settings field.
- MemberTidy: Hides ofen unused Member fields such as Time & Date format.
- CannotCreatePage: Apply this extension to page types that you don't want non-admin users to be able to create.
- BlockPageDelete: Disables ability to Archive or Unpublish a page that extends this. Applied to HomePage by default.
- SinglePageOnly: Can to applied to any page type, so only 1 can be created. Useful for keeping the Add New page type list tidy.
- FirstChildRedirect: Automatically redirects to the first child of the page. Useful for top level pages with no content of their own.
- E-mail Error Log Alerts: logging.yml e-mails any error that occurs on a 'live' site.
- CMS Help Link: Sets the CMS help link to my custom built SilverStripe Help site.
- Hide Error Page: Hides Error Page from the Add New page list (uses CannotCreatePage extension)
- Hide Virtual Page: Hides Virtual Page from the Add New page list (uses CannotCreatePage extension)
- Set Admin Email: Set's the Admin Email address to a noreply address for the current domain. Better than no address at all, which can result in forgotten password e-mails flagged as spam.
- Disable TinyMCE Icons: Disables some icons such as underline.
- Enable TinyMCE Styles: Enables the Styles dropdown for custom styles.
- Hides Error Pages: Hides error pages from the site tree.
- Differentiate Hidden Pages: Pages that have "Show in menus?" unchecked, are grey in the site tree.
- Hide Disabled Pages from Add New: Pages that can't be created are now hidden from the Add page list, rather than being greyed out.
- Hide GridField Pagination Details: From above a GridField only, to avoid the gap below the GridField title.
- GridField: Vertical Align Middle: Set cells of GridField to vertical align middle. Looks nicer, especially with centered icons and drag handles.
- Email.ss: Sets font to sans-serif
- ForgotPasswordEmail.ss: Changes the wording and format of the forgotten password e-mail to make it a bit friendlier.
- Silverstripe dev build key by gorriecoe: Provides the ability to press Alt+D to do a Dev/Build
- Generate CMS Thumbnails: A task to run generateThumbnails() on each File object. For use after the MigrateFileTask if using